Inner Dialogue:
Me: I am so scared to go up and talk to him.
Critic: You should be scared, what if he thinks you suck at your job.
Yoda: What is the worst he could do? Say no?
Me: I really need a raise to make my car payments
Critic: Maybe you should sell your car if you cant afford it. You arent going to get a raise.
Yoda: You deserve a raise because you have worked hard. You deserve that nice car.
Me: What if he says no?
Critic: What do you mean if, of course he will say no
Yoda: He will take everything into consideration and do what is fair
Me: I may not deserve a raise
Critic: You dont work hard enough for a raise
Yoda: If he didnt think you worked hard enough he would have told you about it before.
Me: If he asks me how much more I would want what do i say?
Critic: Dont ask for too much or he wont give you anything
Yoda: You tell him a fair number. He will tell you how much he is willing to give you.
Me: I hope he will say yes
Critic: He wont. You suck.
Yoda: He will say yes because you have worked hard for him for 2 years without asking for a raise.
The Five things that I would like to try but I am too insecure to are:
Para-Sailing
Take dancing lessons
Karaoke
Scuba Dive
Anything involving a bathing suit in public!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment